Nervous about making the next move? Panicked about reaching the bolt? Worried and distracted by catastrophic thoughts (even when you know that you’re safe)?
Climbing is challenging and stress-inducing, and that’s often part of the fun. But what happens when it gets to be too much? Have you ever found yourself excessively nervous about moving above the bolt or making the next clip? What happens when you “freeze” mid-climb and simply can’t commit to the next move? Afraid of a fall, a swing, or even just a particular climb in general?
This program is designed for anyone that finds challenging thoughts, stress or nervousness, distraction, commitment or anxiety is getting in the way of their best climbing performance – and their maximum enjoyment.
Appropriate for any level of climber, be it lead climbing or top roping, you’ll learn exactly what’s happening in the body and mind to create these challenging situations, and will learn a clear, personalized process for working with them in the future.
Through group exercises, demonstrations, masterclass-style instruction and one-on-one coaching, you’ll walk away armed with evidence-based techniques to help you climb your best.
- Climb harder and closer to your limit as you find freedom from challenging thoughts and feelings.
- Learn to identify the distinct ways that the mind and body create stress – and how to work with it.
- Experience and learn a clear process for responding to anxious thoughts.
- Learn how to commit to a move, fall or even the entire climb.
- Learn what to do when you “freeze.”
- Address a fear of falling.
- Increase your willingness to approach challenging situations.
Improve your climbing – and your enjoyment – by improving your mental skill set. Succeed while on the edge of your comfort zone.